Critiquing an MMT TED Talk
Bob provides a running refutation of Stephanie Kelton's recent TED talk on Modern Monetary Theory (MMT).
Mentioned in the Episode and Other Links of Interest:
- Stephanie Kelton’s TED Talk
- Bob’s review of Kelton’s book explaining MMT
- Bob’s article on opting out of Social Security
- Kelton’s intro to MMT, The Deficit Myth
- Bob’s interview of a founder of MMT, Warren Mosler. Then Bob’s analysis of that episode
- Bob’s Mises.org critique of a popular identity (equation) in the MMT literature.
Note: The views expressed on Mises.org are not necessarily those of the Mises Institute.
Contact Robert P. Murphy
Robert P. Murphy is a Senior Fellow with the Mises Institute. He is the author of numerous books: Contra Krugman: Smashing the Errors of America's Most Famous Keynesian; Chaos Theory; Lessons for the Young Economist; Choice: Cooperation, Enterprise, and Human Action; The Politically Incorrect Guide to Capitalism; Understanding Bitcoin (with Silas Barta), among others. He is also host of The Bob Murphy Show.